Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Replication (2005)
 Transactional replication - stored procedures

Author  Topic 

roel_vz
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 04:37:12
I have a system with three replications:
merge replication between SERVER and CLIENT
transactional replication from SERVER to CLIENT
transactional replication from CLIENT to SERVER

SERVER is always distributor.

Everything has been running fine for over a week now, but today something went wrong with the second transactional replication (from CLIENT to SERVER). SERVER is distributor and CLIENT is publisher. The subscription is push.

When I view the synchronization status, the following error message appears:
"Could not find stored procedure 'sp_MSins_dbosessions'."

Indeed, when I look at the stored procedure, it has been renamed to
'sp_MSins_dbosessions_msrepl_ccs'.

I don't know why, when or how this renaming happened, but it happened for every stored procedure that is used for this transactional replication (the other replications are still working fine)

Any help or remarks are highly appreciated.

Roel

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 05:37:01
One question is why you have transactional replication going both ways? If this is on the same tables, this will cause issues. If you need the data to go both ways sut still want it to be transactional, look at using Peer-to-peer replication. This works well, the only overhead is that you have to manage keys yourself.
Go to Top of Page

roel_vz
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 05:46:51
All replications are on different tables, so this does not cause the issue. I can try changing peer-to-peer but still hope that it will not be necessary.

Thanks

Roel
Go to Top of Page

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 06:08:27
The only time I have seen this type of behaviour before is on SQL 2000 when a table structure has been changed.
Go to Top of Page

dirtydavey
Yak Posting Veteran

80 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 06:47:54
Did you make any changes at all to the schema?

Dave Dunckley says there is a law for the rich and a law for the poor and a law for
Dirty Davey.
Go to Top of Page

dirtydavey
Yak Posting Veteran

80 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 06:55:54
The sp is created by replication and is used to insurt data from the publication. Have you tryed a resnapshot?

Dave Dunckley says there is a law for the rich and a law for the poor and a law for
Dirty Davey.
Go to Top of Page

dirtydavey
Yak Posting Veteran

80 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 06:55:58
The sp is created by replication and is used to insurt data from the publication. Have you tryed a resnapshot?

Dirty Davey.
Go to Top of Page

roel_vz
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 07:06:23
I did not make any changes to the schema. I tried a resnapshot without success.
Go to Top of Page

dirtydavey
Yak Posting Veteran

80 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 08:29:19
A question are the tables in the flow one way linked to the tables in the flow the other way though pkeys or fkeys.

Dirty Davey.
Go to Top of Page

roel_vz
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 08:51:48
yes, there are indeed several links between tables
Go to Top of Page

dirtydavey
Yak Posting Veteran

80 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-22 : 08:57:54
Are they enforcing reflatial integraity? I have a feeling this might have somthing to do with it.

If tabel1 in db1 relates to table2 in db1, why would you be wanting to bring data from table2 in db2 over. This will breack that relasionship!

Dirty Davey.
Go to Top of Page

roel_vz
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-23 : 02:55:01
I have been able to remove all relationships between tables of different transaction. I hope the problem won't occur anymore now.

Thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -