Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Plausible

Author  Topic 

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-05 : 04:47:44
Just found this on the web. Strangely it sounds plausible to me

quote:
Ok, here goes...one of the techs went to a users desk to change out her monitor. She still had one of those 15", fuzzy screened and clunky monitors. We were going to give her a new nifty 19" flat screen.

Have you ever seen the "deer in the headlights look"?? Well, she immediately freaked out and got very upset. She didn't want us to take her monitor. When the tech didn't understand her panic and she was almost in tears and the tech was ready to kill her....I was brought in to "talk her down".

I asked her a lot of questions and gently explained to her that the advantages of the new monitor. It was much lighter, had a larger screen then her previous monitor, had a much clearer/cleaner screen, would be easier to move around on her desk and it could be adjusted "7 ways from Sunday" so it would be a very good swap for her.

She was still freaked out so after I asked her a half dozen more questions she finally blurted out in a shaky voice "you can't take that monitor, all of my data is in there..."

steve

-----------

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-05 : 05:01:33
maybe it was an iMac

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

JimL
SQL Slinging Yak Ranger

1537 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-05 : 10:29:03
Reminds me of a popup a friend of mine built.

NOTICE: Please Immediately return this computer to the place of purchase as you are too stupid to have a computer.

Jim
Users <> Logic
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-05 : 14:43:14
"maybe it was an iMac"

Couldn't someone spell "MyMac"? You Yanks have such bad grammar

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

jhermiz

3564 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-05 : 14:55:42
hahahaha, speaking of macs I havent had a big mac in over a year...

Keeping the web experience alive -- [url]http://www.web-impulse.com[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-05 : 15:09:36
Would that be Lofty Jock you are referring too?

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -