Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Is SQLteam Secure..?

Author  Topic 

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-02 : 19:42:06
I got this in my inbox:

Some crook africans (I don't mean in race term) are trying to get people with it:

Hello sodeep
You received the following message from: san100 (mark_ra100@yahoo.com)
At: http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/ Miss sandra mark Plesase can i trust you.Treichville Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire West Africa

Dear good friend ,

Please permit me to inform you about my desire to seek for assistant from you and i got the believe that you are going to help me out successfully. but firstly about my self.I am Miss sandra mark a 20 years old girl now, and my father name is mark Richard he is a very wealthy gold and cocoa merchant who based in ACCRA and ABIDJAN respectively, and I am there only Child.well when i was a kid i went to a private schools and things were going on well for me and my parents till when i was in high school, My father took me so special because i am motherless. and he shower all his love on me and promised me that he will never have another woman because he did not want me for any problem.but before the death of my father on the 12th December 2006 in a private hospital here in Abidjan , he called me secretly to his bed side and told me that he kept a sumof $10.500 000 (Ten million five hundred thousand united states dollars) in a bank in Abidjan Cote D'ivoire. meanwhile that he used my name as the next of kin in deposit of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this money he was poisoned by his business partner and that i should seek for foreign partner in a country of my choice where i would transfer this money and use it for investment purpose, such as ;real estate investment or stock market investment.Plesae, i am honourably soliciting your kind assistance as follows.

1) To provide a bank account where this money will be transfered into.
2) To serve as the guardian of these fund ,since i am 22years old.

3)To make arrangement for me in your country to continue my Educational career and to procure me a residential permit in your country.

I am inclined to offer you 15%(HAHAHA Basta*d) of the total sum as a mode of compensation for your effort after the successful transfering of these fund to your nominated account overseas.Please i will be very happy if this transaction will be concluded with in seven (7) working days from now.I am expecting to hear from you as soon as possible.pls write me from my private email.(mark_ra100@yahoo.com) May Almighty God bless you as you do care for me Amen. Best regards Miss sandra mark Please kindly reply me back at this email:(mark_ra100@yahoo.com)

Michael Valentine Jones
Yak DBA Kernel (pronounced Colonel)

7020 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-02 : 20:43:11
Ask for the fee of $1,575,000 in advance.

CODO ERGO SUM
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 01:51:57
I don't see it has anything to do with security; someone has registered, and then started entering Spam into the Personal Message box.

Stick a message in the Spam thread and a MOD can lock that account.

Graz probably has a query that checks for high numbers of PM's sent, or PM's sent by newly registered members ...
Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 01:56:24
It's not that often. I'got one or two the last three months from PM, and one or two the last six months from my blog.

N 56°04'39.26"
E 12°55'05.63"
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 02:02:38
So you didn't get one this time, nor me. They may be working their way through the list. Worth having a DB query to spot them I reckon - but I expect Graz already has one.
Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 04:32:00
I got this one, it's counted for.

N 56°04'39.26"
E 12°55'05.63"
Go to Top of Page

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 05:10:36
We have PM's?
Go to Top of Page

madhivanan
Premature Yak Congratulator

22864 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 06:01:48
quote:
Originally posted by RickD

We have PM's?

Go to member's profile. There is an option to send email

Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 06:13:49
quote:
Originally posted by RickD

We have PM's?

Is this the "America has its first Black President, UK has its first Brown Prime Minister" joke?!
Go to Top of Page

RickD

3608 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 06:28:05
Madhi - Yes, I know, I get emails off posters sometimes, I try never to answer them though..

Kristen - Is he really a Prime Minister? I thought he was a disaster zone..
Go to Top of Page

Transact Charlie
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3451 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 06:47:46
HE'S NOT THE PRIME MINISTER - HE'S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!!!!!

though sadly he is the PM... Ah well. Probably not for much longer.

Charlie
===============================================================
Msg 3903, Level 16, State 1, Line 1736
The ROLLBACK TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION
Go to Top of Page

RickD

3608 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 08:30:47
quote:
Originally posted by Transact Charlie

HE'S NOT THE PRIME MINISTER - HE'S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!!!!!

though sadly he is the PM... Ah well. Probably not for much longer.

Charlie
===============================================================
Msg 3903, Level 16, State 1, Line 1736
The ROLLBACK TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION

There is hope, there is blind hope, then if he gets in again, there is the 'bugger this, i'm emigrating..'
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 14:19:47
"HE'S NOT THE PRIME MINISTER - HE'S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!!!!!"

Great sketch that; brightened my day being reminded of that, ta.

The trouble is, whoever you vote for, the government always gets in

I want someone who gets on and does something. I don't much care what direction they head off in, provided they are single minded about it and can turn round, when they get there, and everyone can see what they've done along the way.

Of late all that there is to see is all the hot air and publicising of this & that.

Obama doesn't seem to be fairing much better on that score, sadly, although I still live in hope that he will find a way to "achieve" rather than just allow himself to get bogged-down.
Go to Top of Page

Michael Valentine Jones
Yak DBA Kernel (pronounced Colonel)

7020 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 15:49:23
If you work with the very plausible assumption that virtually everything the government does will eventually make your life worse, then the ideal would be having someone in charge who fails to "achieve".

Fails to start a new war, fails to raise taxes, fails to increase spending, fails to run up the debt, fails to setup new agencies to spy on us, etc.

CODO ERGO SUM
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 16:41:48
His account is now locked. There was some security around new members sending messages but I don't remember what it was. I can't remember if it was post count or duration of membership. In any case I'll look into it. If you get any other opportunities that are too good to pass up please post the member name of the person that sent them in the spam thread.

=================================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today. One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -