Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Request to SQL Team Authorities

Author  Topic 

genius_palli
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 2008-12-22 : 00:59:51
Its my request to the Management or Higher authorities of SQL Team site that :-
Whenever any user posts a new topic in any forum , the user should be informed not to post topic with the subject or heading like --

Please help.
Urgent help required.
help needed etc.

I really apologize if i am doing anything wrong, but what i feel is instead a proper topic subject should be given. That will really help others to search the appropriate forum for their queries.

Regards

----------------------------------
Every experience has something to learn. Go get it.
Thanks and Regards
genius_palli
Web Developer

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2008-12-22 : 01:01:50
We can't force people to use a proper subject. I agree with what you are saying in general, however we can't enforce it.

Tara Kizer
Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/

Subscribe to my blog
Go to Top of Page

genius_palli
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 2008-12-22 : 01:54:27
I really love the site as it is helping me lot and i want that it should be one of the world's best sites...
and following is my proposal regarding my request.

I know that we can enforce people,
but cant we show any list of guidelines for posting a new topic to the user whenever the user clicks on the new topic link..

Regards

----------------------------------
Every experience has something to learn. Go get it.
Thanks and Regards
genius_palli
Web Developer
Go to Top of Page

GilaMonster
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4507 Posts

Posted - 2008-12-22 : 02:33:56
quote:
Originally posted by genius_palli

but cant we show any list of guidelines for posting a new topic to the user whenever the user clicks on the new topic link..

Which most people won't even bother reading. The problem's not unique to these forums, happens everywhere.

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-13 : 06:30:41
As you say it happens everywhere, but it's also quite common to have a sticky topic on top of all forums with guidelines on how to post properly. I don't think this will solve the problem completely but it would probably help...and at least in the "New to SQL" forum where there are alot of weird guessing games going on about what people are actually asking for.

A simple short guide telling them to make proper subjects, to type out their problem and to give standalone working code samples. I think it would help...at least it wouldn't make it any worse

- Lumbago
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -