Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Thanks For Timely Help

Author  Topic 

sunsanvin
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1274 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-03 : 07:54:26
Dear Experts,
i've introduced myself already, previously i worked with a ERP organization, that is not a production environment. just before one month, i've joined with a big package(here in india). but i've doubt in my mind that can i handle the things? as i'm the senior here and no other DBA. but i've the confidence that i've a huge list of DBA's in my home page. that is the reson i've jumped to the present organization. my first task is to add articles to the existing publisher. did that, but replication stopped. full of fear.just opend my home page and posted the situation. i've received the message from SQL Almighty TARA and sodeep.....that's it. got courage.
ofcource i'm unable to follow their steps initially, as i dont know what is a snapshot. after their suggesions, i've got a good overview, and successfully done my job. now i'm very confident of transactional replication. very happy to share this with you.

Experts, please dont irritate if some questions are looking so silly. but one thing is sure that you are helping a junior DBA, so that saving his job. i'm very very very happy with your support and i'm expecting the same from you always.

thank you very much for the support from you all.

Arnav
Even you learn 1%, Learn it with 100% confidence.

sodeep

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-03 : 09:07:33
Glad to hear that our help is saving your job.
Go to Top of Page

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-03 : 09:15:47
Not being funny, but are you really the Senior DBA and you didn't know what a snapshot was?
Go to Top of Page

sunsanvin

1274 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-04 : 08:18:27
to be frank i'm in the development previously....

Arnav
Go to Top of Page

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-07 : 01:34:11
Fair enough, but if you were development before, you should have a mentor and not be the senior yourself really.
Go to Top of Page

sunsanvin

1274 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-08 : 04:16:06
I've you all as mentors.....

Arnav
Go to Top of Page

GilaMonster

4507 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-08 : 14:33:55
quote:
Originally posted by sunsanvin

I've you all as mentors.....

We are not at your office to sanity check what you're doing
We cannot check your systems to see if there's anything you've overlooked.
We are not there to tell you that a course of action may lead to problems down the road
And we're not going to be there when the proverbial pawpaw hits the proverbial fan and management is screaming at you for answers NOW.

I strongly suggest that you warn your manager about the dangers of having only an inexperienced DBA there and either try and hire someone with some experience or get yourself some training, fast.
Unless you're told them that you are an experienced DBA?

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -