Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Not so sure

Author  Topic 

maya_zakry
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

379 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-20 : 23:30:43
hey all,
im not sure whether i should post this Q in ASP.net category or what,, but i think someone could answer this:-

1.i remember last time i could access my localhost and projects in my wwwroot anywhere in the LAN by typing the IP address and the folder path.. but now it cant... how do i enable it back?

2. how do we create new sql server group with our local PC as the host? ive learned that this is impossible for sql server enterprise edition to make localpc as a server coz it only support client.. but i remmeber last time when i install some dowloaded application, it create separate server call MYlocalPC.. how is this happen? thanks

thanks.. enjoy weekend

~~~Focus on problem, not solution ¯\(º_o)/¯ ~~~

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-21 : 00:01:53
Did you get response when ping the ip address? Is web server running on that machine?
Go to Top of Page

maya_zakry
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

379 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-21 : 00:08:53
ive no problem in localhost, it's just that i couldnt reach the localhost from any other LAn.. but pinging my pc from any other lan is ok.. that means my connection is ok

~~~Focus on problem, not solution ¯\(º_o)/¯ ~~~
Go to Top of Page

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-21 : 20:43:14
If it's sql connection issue, should use sql instance name when connect from remote.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -