Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 database corrupt

Author  Topic 

roxan
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2007-02-11 : 02:59:36
Dear all,

I have a very critical problem with corrupt database. Our main server got burned yesterday. There were very important data that went lost. We have a old computer that was used as the sql server 2000 before this machine was burned with the fire. We only want the initial data of the database so we swithched on the old computer but it was formated once. with recover my files we recovered the .mdf and .ldf files. mssqlrecover from officerecovery says recovery done with demo restriction. it recovers all item but the table value which we needed.

The databse is of 2.37 mb and when compressed 560 kb.
Can anybody please recover the data from the database?

mcrowley
Aged Yak Warrior

771 Posts

Posted - 2007-02-11 : 10:34:43
I would say recover from your last backup. Or is your last backup corrupt as well?
Go to Top of Page

eyechart
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3575 Posts

Posted - 2007-02-11 : 12:19:52

this is the reason you have backups. For any noobs out there, setting up and testing your backups is the single most important job a DBA does.

Roxan, my advice for you is to contact Microsoft professional support. They will be your only hope of recoverying any data.

-ec
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -