Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 sql agent mail

Author  Topic 

-Dman100-
Posting Yak Master

210 Posts

Posted - 2006-03-19 : 00:56:14
I'd like to setup sql agent mail to provide me auto notifications if any problems arise during backups in my development environment. I have a home LAN with my work station PC and a Proliant server running Windows 2000 Server and SQL Server 2000.

I tried unsuccessfully to setup SQL Agent Mail. So, first, I'm trying to determine the best option or which options I have available to setup SQL Agent Mail.

I have internet email through my ISP and I also setup IIS to process CDO scripts for testing purposes in apps that I'm developing. I wasn't sure if this was an option to use with SQL Agent Mail? Or, if I can only use internet email? I understand using Exchange is another option, but I don't have MS Exchange.

I read that using Internet email could cause possible problems by putting SQL Server in single user mode or possibly stopping SQL Server?

If anyone could offer any information and recommendations on the best option and method to setup SQL Agent Mail, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Regards,
-D-

- Advertisement -