Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 For British Drivers

Author  Topic 

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-04 : 06:31:26

Following the Governments freedom of information act you can now get access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit it is registered and put on a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that we didn't know) if you receive over 20 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30 limit area whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following address

[url]www.e-database.co.uk/[/url]

You will be asked for a password but just click on the need a Password link and you will be given one for future use.

If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

steve

-----------

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Arnold Fribble
Yak-finder General

1961 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-04 : 06:59:04
How does it check you are the registered owner of the vehicle?
Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-05 : 03:20:57
From the details you provide

-----------

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
Go to Top of Page

Arnold Fribble
Yak-finder General

1961 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-05 : 06:23:11
Like what?
Sorry, I didn't say, but the button on the website didn't work -- it was expecting me to let it run some Javascript or something -- so I haven't seen the registration page. And since I never* break the speed limit, there's little incentive for me to register anyway.

* well ok, I suppose it's possible, downhill, with a following wind, on a decent road with a 30 mph speed limit, but where would they send the pics?
Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-05 : 07:07:33
I can't get the link to work at all now! To be honest it was a joke site anyway - at least it made me laugh

steve

-----------

Go to Top of Page

Arnold Fribble
Yak-finder General

1961 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-05 : 07:39:03
quote:
Originally posted by elwoos

I can't get the link to work at all now! To be honest it was a joke site anyway - at least it made me laugh

Laugh away. When they start their campaign of identity theft you'll need happy times to remember.
Go to Top of Page

jen

4110 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-05 : 09:35:16
it was really a joke , even if you put "imaginary" info, it'll accept the info as is

i thought the site looks familiar, i think they have one with the passport instead of traffic

--------------------
keeping it simple...
Go to Top of Page

madhivanan
Premature Yak Congratulator

22864 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-05 : 09:50:54
>>www.e-database.co.uk/

I get this message

Service Unavailable

Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail
Go to Top of Page

ditch

1466 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 03:05:14
Ha! Ha!
I recently got married in Cape Town (I used to live there) I moved to Durban 3 Months ago my wife only moved here after the wedding, but I had to drive 1800 km to Durban after the wedding and my wife and our Labrador - travelled by airplane.
Anyways - i was obviously in a bit of a hurry - cos I picked up 3 traffic fines on the way.
They cammoflage our traffic camera's here - unlike in the UK where they are painted in Bright colours.

Anyways - some areas put the offences on the internet
here is one of mine - in the Breede Valley (for those of you who know where it is)

http://www.payfine.co.za/fines/view_offence.aspx?regno=cy220369&filmno=WS0736

Duane.
Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 03:10:04
quote:
Laugh away. When they start their campaign of identity theft

Didn't you know Arnold - it's been going on for years already

1984 here we come

steve

-----------

Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 03:14:47
Hey Duane, Nice to see you guys drive on the right correct side of the road

Guys, look, this link was meant to be amusing. It's now fallen flatter on it's face than a flat thing sqashed by a steam roller. Can you not at least pretend it was funny, say things like - I live in <insert your country/continent here> and it has my car on there. I'm sure you get the idea

It would make me feel better ...

steve

-----------

Go to Top of Page

ditch

1466 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 03:21:41
Oh! and to make things worse - they used to market this site by publishing things like - get a fine - view the picture and brag to your freinds.

Duane.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -