Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 MS SQL DBA/DEVELOPER JOB OPPURTUNITY

Author  Topic 

RHTjasonsaham
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 14:36:29
I am currently looking for a MS SQL DBA for a very profitable hot growing company located in the San Jose of California. The job description is below, the oppurtunity is full-time and can pay up to 125k on a base. Interested candidates should contact Jason Saham at jason.saham@rht.com or call 408-271-9063.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Works with the product management and engineering teams to design the database for our next generation solutions
Integrates information from a variety of data sources into a single, coherent database
Analyzes performance and performs query optimization and database tuning to ensure that our applications maintain a high level of performance
Produces solutions that ensure high availability and preserve data integrity
Responsible for leading initiatives to analyze and improve data quality
May direct and monitor the work of other DBA's within the engineering team.

QUALIFICATIONS
6+ years experience designing and delivering large, high-performance databases for premiere Internet-based applications
3+ years experience with SQL Server including strong knowledge of Transact-SQL and of database clustering
Ability to perform hands-on query optimization, data analysis, and database tuning
Experience with data migration, data warehousing, and complex reports
Familiarity with SQL Server 2005 (Yukon) is a plus
Knowledge of modern software engineering techniques, including object-oriented analysis and design preferably using UML
Excellent written and verbals communication skills
B.S. in Computer Science.

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 14:42:29
doesn't sound bad.

well since i don't qualify anyway ...
does 3 years experience with sql server 2005 help any?? (seen this kind of demand on dice.com... lauged my ass off)

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

Thrasymachus
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

483 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 14:50:50
I hate recruiting firms. I cancelled an interview with these guys (Robert Haft Technology) the other week.

I was dealing with another one this week. He knew my salary requirements up front. I did really well on the proveit test on Friday. Soared through the technical interview last night on the phone. I get to the end of the phone interview, and the lady asks how much I am looking for. I told her the same thing I told the recruiter and I get the whole salary negotiation hassle. The guy calls this morning and says "she was not supposed to know or talk about money. I told the VP what he should expect to pay and you were within that range..."

There is always come kind of hassle or run around. Never works out. All of my jobs have been direct hires.

====================================================
Regards,
Sean Roussy

aka the merciless black hearted capitalist troublemaker

"pimpin ain't easy, but someone has to do it" -- Pimpin Whitefolks(?)
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 14:59:32
Spamming is all right then, is it?

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55434
http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55433

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

JimL
SQL Slinging Yak Ranger

1537 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 15:24:39
I am looking for an individual who can do everything for peanuts provided they will move to a place with double the cost of living.

Jim
Users <> Logic
Go to Top of Page

eyechart
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3575 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 15:33:36
quote:
Originally posted by JimL

I am looking for an individual who can do everything for peanuts provided they will move to a place with double the cost of living.

Jim
Users <> Logic

but the job is located in the san jose of california!!

the job can pay up to 125k on a base!

You'd think that when writing your important recruiter spam, that you would have someone read through it at least once in order to avoid sounding silly.

-ec
Go to Top of Page

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 18:00:12
what does "on a base" mean?

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 18:14:27
I think he meant 125k as the base salary.

"On a base" in San Diego could mean on a military base. But I think it was just poor choice of words.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

Michael Valentine Jones
Yak DBA Kernel (pronounced Colonel)

7020 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-20 : 19:39:35
"pay up to 125k on a base"

Translation: Job pays 80K, but there is a bonus that could pay an additional 45K if sales and earnings grow by 10X. and they decide to give it to you. In reality, you will get a 2K bonus, unless they have a bad year, in which case there will be no bonus.

CODO ERGO SUM
Go to Top of Page

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-21 : 00:33:36
It's an internet company. Part of your base is $100k in stock offerings. That's what they think they'll be worth when the company goes public. They will pay you $25k a year though. Of course, they might not have the money in the bank when you go to cash it.....but hey, you can live on $10k.

I've worked for one before, so don't tell me I'm being unfair.

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-09-21 : 05:02:39
"I am looking for an individual who can do everything for peanuts"

Sorry, we're fresh out of monkeys ...

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -