Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2008)
 MSSQL Database Connection

Author  Topic 

loknathmahato
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-25 : 02:03:10
Hi,

How many connection can a database support and how to overcome the issue if the maximum connections have reached its limit.

Is there any option to set the maximum connection for a database.

Thanks,
Loknath

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-25 : 19:34:25
There is an option to set the number of connections to the SQL Server but I can't think of any way to limit at the database level (ouside of single-user mode). See "sp_configure 'user options'" for details. You are, of course, limited by the capabilities of the version you are using and your licensing. There is another server option, named "max worker threads", that could be getting exhausted if its misconfigured. By default it is auto-configuring but if this value was re-configured, you might run into a problem. Both of these setting are visible by looking at the server properties.

===============================================================================
There are two kinds of light -- the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures. -James Thurber (1894-1961)
Go to Top of Page

loknathmahato
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-26 : 08:01:40
If my database is performing very slow then how would i identify that the issue is not for the maximum connection and also let me know that how many connection will cause DB performance degradation and from where i see that how many active connection with my database.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -