Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 veritas 9.1 and SQL server

Author  Topic 

lmayer4
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-07 : 11:25:11
I am the proud DBA of a sql 2000 box. [yes thats sarcasm] the network admin just told me that the veritas 9.1 backup exec stopped working for some inexplicable reason against this SQL server. I havent changed anything in fact I try not to touch it. We tried doing some searches and tried reinstalling SP2 on the backup server, that didnt help. We cant open a ticket becasue support ended for both these versions.

The error message we get is when we try to connect to the SQL server via backup exec. is
"An error was encountered while attemting to browse the contents of {server name} microsoft SQL server does not appear to be running or netowrk connections are preventing access to it."

on the backup it gives the message in the event log:
SQL error 0011 SQL error message [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect())]SQL Server does not exist or access is denied.

The account connecting to the SQL server is a serveradmin and a sysadmin.

Any thoughts would be great since I'm not even sure anyone is on this forums it was a shot in the dark.

Laura

- Advertisement -