Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Other SQL Server 2008 Topics
 How can i specify the RTL direction for a column i

Author  Topic 

Hossein
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-02 : 14:47:43
Is there a way in SQL Server , so that i can specify the rtl direction for a column ?
Currently i have a query like this :

SELECT IDSource, IDAviculture, NumberOfReserve, TotalMoney , Name + '(' + Description + ')' AS Descrition, Date
FROM dbo.tblReserve
WHERE (Sell = 1)

The data are in Farsi and thus right to left.The problem is unless it is not rtl, it doesn't show the information in correct form.For example the following text needs to be right to left in order for ???? to get inside parentheses

> ??? (????)

IDSource IDAviculture NumberOfReserve TotalMoney Name + '(' + Description + ')' AS Descrition Date
12 5 1500 3000 ??? (???????)
13 4 700 2500 ????(??? )

I Expected to be like

IDSource IDAviculture NumberOfReserve TotalMoney Name + '(' + Description + ')' AS Descrition Date
12 5 1500 3000 ??? (???????) ?
13 4 700 2500 ???? (??? ) ?

Please note that the editor here doesn't support `RTL` either , so basically it wont show the text correctly , so i had to put an extra letter (?) so that it shows it correctly .

Basically what i wrote above can be translated into English as:

Name + '(' + Description + ')'

Ali (Description)
Mina (Test)

in English because of being LTR it is fine but when it comes to the rtl content it gets ugly.
How can i get this right?

- Advertisement -