Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 EMR SQL database integration with Quickbooks

Author  Topic 

jceaves
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-01-21 : 19:23:12
I am a potential end-user and not a programmer. However, I'm hoping someone on the forum can give some guidance.

My company, a medical clinic and testing operation, uses medical practice management software called MacPractice. It runs off of MySQL. I become aware of a product named OpenSync from Synergration, that is designed to integrate SQL databases with QuickBooks. The purpose for doing this is to have better integration between the accounts receivable and billing capacity of the medical practice management software and all of the other general ledger functions in QuickBooks. Of course one of the goals is to avoid double entry of receivables into QuickBooks, but there are other advantages to this kind of integration.

My question is, does anyone on the forum have any experience integrating SQL-based medical practice software with QuickBooks? If so, could they please discuss it here. One of the things that I'm trying to evaluate is if such integration is practical and easy to maintain.

Thank you.

- Advertisement -