Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 MS Access
 ODBC Call Failed

Author  Topic 

askjacq
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-01-16 : 13:18:59
There is a database that many computers use that links to some sql tables. On all the computer that use Access 2007, it works great. On the one computer that uses Access 2010 (32 bit), we get the error message ODBC - CALL FAILED. If I run the linked table manager, do select all, and click ok, it gives me the error message:

Connection failed:
SQL State: 'S1T00'
Sql Server: Error 0
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Login timeout expired

When I click ok, it ask for credentials, I click ok and it connects that time. Then the database works fine. I've done lots of research, shown the hidden objects, set the ODBC engine connection to 263, etc., but still get the same error. So ...

1) Are you aware of any settings that will fix this error?
2) Anyone know a macro (not VBA) that I can use to run the linked table manager? There is a RunCode that you can enter the LinkedTableManager, but it only opens it - doesn't actually run it. I need it to do the select all and ok.

Also, the SQL server does not allow us to use a trusted connection - we have to enter a log in id and password. I have no control over the SQL server, but I need to get this database fixed for this one person who uses Access 2010.

Thanks!

- Advertisement -