Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Replication (2008)
 How to check if the column is replicated?

Author  Topic 

ravilobo
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1184 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-11 : 14:21:45

I have a column-level transactional replication. Usually, I use the following query to check if a column is replicated or not.

select is_replicated
from sys.columns
where name ='Column_Name'

This works most of the time.

However, after increasing the width of a published column, the is_replicated value is set to 0. However, in SSMS the column still shows as enabled for replication.

I ran an update on the column and found that data is replicated to the subscriber. So replication is working fine. Only the is_replicated flag is set to zero.

In this case, what’s the true test to check if a column is replicated or not? (I need a T-SQL code to verify this to be used in one of my stored procedures.)

Note: People who want to dive deep into this, I found a system view, syncobj_0xNNNNNNNNN, created when I altered the column. I did some research and found that the view is used to replication thenceforth. However, I am not bothered about this view much, as long as replication works fine.

------------------------
I think, therefore I am - Rene Descartes

- Advertisement -