Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Help needed with For Each Loop and Send Mail
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

v_kash
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  12:28:23  Show Profile  Send v_kash a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello: Any help would be greatly appreciated. To keep it simple, here's what we are trying to do. We have 2 excel files with STOREID as a column in each file. The values in file 1 are 9999 and the values in file 2 are 7100. We have a table in Sql Server called Weekly_Store_Emails_VK_Test. There are 2 columns (ID and email address). So there are 2 rows in this table (1 for ID 7100 and 1 for id 9999). New to SSIS, but I have a for each loop container to process thru the 2 files on my c drive, grab StoreID from each excel file, and then mapping that storeid to the ID in the table to grab the corresponding email address. However, something is not workign as I get both files sent to me! Error says = an error occurred while assigning a value to variable emailaddress. Single Row result set is specified, but no rows were returned'. I have no clue how to resolve this!!

I have 3 variables in this solution:

1) EmailAddress which has a data type STRING
2) StoreFile which has a data type STRING
3) StoreID which has a data type OBJECT

Please help!!

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

India
52326 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  14:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what task are you using to map the storeid to emailaddress?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

v_kash
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  14:43:31  Show Profile  Send v_kash a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
an execute SQL task.
SELECT emailaddress
FROM dbo.Weekly_Store_Emails_VK_Test
WHERE (ID = ?

i have an execute SQL task as well in my excel connection manager. the sql statement for that is

SELECT StoreID FROM [Sheet1$]
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

India
52326 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  23:23:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you put a breakpoint at execute sql task to see if parameter value is getting passed correctly? Also check resultset variable and see if return value obtained ie emailaddress is correct

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000