Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Problem with Reporting services

Author  Topic 

amirssid
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-19 : 18:47:36
Hi
I am new to SQL Server. I have recently learned SQL server basic database architecture, the T-SQL language and some tools including SSIS and SSRS. I have one problem with reporting services, as given below:

When I install and setup SSRS, everything seems to be installed successfully and there is no problem. But when I go to browser and try to load report manager page "http://localhost:port/reports", it asks for a user name and password. When I give my Windows user name (which has administrative privileges), the page comes only with some title information (like "Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services"), but I cannot do anything, as there are no links for "Report Builder", or "Data Source", ..etc.

If in user name, I give a service account (LocalSystem, LocalService, NetworkService, under which SSRS is run), then I get an error saying "you do not have the required privileges". In either case I cannot do anything on this page !!! can somebody please help me telling what I am doing wrong? and, how can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

AmirSidd

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-19 : 19:29:40
See if either of the workarounds on this connect page helps
Go to Top of Page

amirssid
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-19 : 23:49:52
Those workarounds didn't work. Actually the problem is; "what username and password should I give in the login dialog box which comes immediately when the report manager page loads ?"
As, I mentioned before, when I give my Windows user/passwd then the page comes with only titles but no workable links/commands, and if I give the service control account, then I get error. Here is the specific error message that I get:

"Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. You might not have permission to view the requested resources.

Error message 401.3: You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied (access denied due to Access Control Lists). Ask the Web server's administrator to give you access to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server8\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportManager\home.aspx'."

AmirSidd
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-20 : 00:09:46
whats account you gave while you configured report server using Reporting Services Config Manager?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

amirssid
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-20 : 00:43:11
Here is what accounts I gave when I setup SSRS:

*-In the [Service Account] , I gave : Use built-in account "Local System"
*-In the [Web Service URL] , I gave : Virtual Directory=ReportServer, IP Address=All Assigned (Recommended), TCP Port=8081,
SSL Certificate=(Not Selected), SSL Port:
*-In the [Database] , I gave : SQL Server Name=AMBER-LAPTOP (this is my computer name), Database Name=ReportServer, Report Server
Mode=Native, Credetial = Service Account, Login=LocalSystem, Password=******** (this comes by default).

These are all relevant infomation which I gave in terms of accounts/users. Also, I did not give anything for [Execution Account] section, and I didn't check the check box for "Specify an execution account".

I hope this is enough information, that someone can help me. Please help ! thanks.

AmirSidd
Go to Top of Page

lopez
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-20 : 00:43:29
Make sure the Reporting Services virtual directories ("Reports" and "ReportServer" by default) are:

Configured as applications, not just virtual directories
Using a different app pool than your main site
Target ASP.NET 2.0

for more info go through the given link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee248632.aspx
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -