Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Other SQL Server 2012 Topics
 Merge Replication - Views, Functions and SP

Author  Topic 

MOMENTUM101
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-12-03 : 11:58:49
I have been trying to replicate a database for a few months using Merge replication with Web Sync. Replicating the tables is pretty straight forward. The tables are currently being replicated via the Intranet and the internet with no problem.

The problem is to replicate the views, stored procedures and Functions because the database schema is extremely complex. The snapshot process keeps failing due to the relationships between these objects. Almost all the views, Procs and functions are all referencing each other in their various TSQL codes. The relationship between these objects are so complex that after two months I don't seems to be making any process.

I have tried using @processing_order to set the processing order of these objects for the snapshot process but due to the complex relation between these objects, the snapshot is still unsuccessful.

Backup and Restore is not an option due to bandwidth and logistic reason.

The Publisher is SQL Server 2012 and the subscribers are 2005.

I will greatly appreciate any help.

Regards

MJ

- Advertisement -