Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Analysis Services (2000)
 Not Able to Add Users and Groups in Analysis Manag

Author  Topic 

itsdhar
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2012-04-24 : 08:52:30
Hi,

I am using MS OLAP 2000 on Windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise mechine..
Previously(1 year back) SQL server 2000 machine was on Windows 2005 server.
Now the Problem is "I am not able to Add/Edit Roles in Database Roles window for cube."
Analysis Manager ---> Analysis Server---> ITG mechine---> Mange Roles---->Database Role Manager window--->then "Create or Edit a Database Role" window will get open.. In that I am not able to Add new role member nor I am not to edit existing role..
I can able to remove existing role member& role and able to duplicate existing role, but
If I click Add button in "Create/Edit a Database Role" window its not opening "Add Users and Groups" window.

And one more thing is… I checked for the same database (by Archiving& Restoring) in analysis manger(same version OLAP 2000) which is on Windows XP machine(32-bit machine), and then it is working fine.
I am not getting whether this is problem with any settings or captability issue or any other...

I am the administrator for machines and cubes.
Please help me to solve this issue..

Thanks,
Dharani

itsdhar
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2012-05-03 : 04:47:00
quote:
Originally posted by itsdhar

Hi,

I am using MS OLAP 2000 on Windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise mechine..
Previously(1 year back) SQL server 2000 machine was on Windows 2005 server.
Now the Problem is "I am not able to Add/Edit Roles in Database Roles window for cube."
Analysis Manager ---> Analysis Server---> ITG mechine---> Mange Roles---->Database Role Manager window--->then "Create or Edit a Database Role" window will get open.. In that I am not able to Add new role member nor I am not to edit existing role..
I can able to remove existing role member& role and able to duplicate existing role, but
If I click Add button in "Create/Edit a Database Role" window its not opening "Add Users and Groups" window.

And one more thing is… I checked for the same database (by Archiving& Restoring) in analysis manger(same version OLAP 2000) which is on Windows XP machine(32-bit machine), and then it is working fine.
I am not getting whether this is problem with any settings or captability issue or any other...

I am the administrator for machines and cubes.
Please help me to solve this issue..

Thanks,
Dharani

Any Suggestion please..
Thanks in advance..
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -