Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 CmdExec - Jobs

Author  Topic 

andriancruz
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 2010-05-31 : 04:08:05
Hi Everyone,

I'm using CmdExec to call VB Application to extract records. The application is running fine when I execute. But when I put the .exe into Jobs and when I start the Jobs, the status is always executing. Anyone please help why the atatus is always Executing. Is this means the application is running continously? Any suggestion or explantion will high appriciated. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Andi

webfred
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

8781 Posts

Posted - 2010-05-31 : 04:51:19
Make sure that your application has no user dialog.
If agent starts the app and a dialog is coming up then nobody can see this dialog and the app is waiting for input ...

No, you're never too old to Yak'n'Roll if you're too young to die.
Go to Top of Page

andriancruz
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 2010-05-31 : 05:09:05
Hi webfred,

Thank you for reply. Perhaps, the reason why the status is always Executing its because is waiting to input the parameters. Thanks again and more power to you.
Go to Top of Page

andriancruz
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 2010-05-31 : 05:13:00
One more question webfred if you dont mind. But when this executable files when I put in Windows scheduler is working fine the schecduler execute fine without asking any input from the user. But when I'm using CmdExec thru Jobs its not working. Any reason why? Thanks

Regards,
Andi
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -