Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Wow..this website is fast!!

Author  Topic 

Luke101
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-12 : 12:16:29
May I ask where is sqlteam hosted at? I would like to get my website hosted in the same place. Everytime i visit the site the site loads almost instantly. I have gotta know where you guys host this site.

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-12 : 13:58:23
The site is hosted at Orcsweb (www.orcsweb.com). We run on a small dedicated server using SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. Orcsweb is great and I highly recommend them. They are expensive but worth every penny. I've even turned down free hosting to stay with them. We're fast for two main reasons: I bought the best, fastest hard drives I could for this server. None of that SATA junk in here. These are 15K SCSI drives. Second, I spend a lot of time tuning this site. I have custom indexes for almost every major page on the site: article, topic, active topics, etc. I use the site alot and I like it fast too :)

=================================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today. One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Luke101
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-12 : 17:07:01
I see.. What do you mean by a custom index? Is that just the regular column index in sql? Or is that a special index that requires sql programming. Is there an article on custom indexes? I couldn't find any.

Again, way to go on the site. Love it
Go to Top of Page

jezemine
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2886 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-12 : 22:46:47
probably just means additional indexes besides the ones that come with the standard snitz distribution.

elsasoft.org
Go to Top of Page

afrika

2706 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-13 : 08:14:15
quote:
Originally posted by graz

We run on a small dedicated server using SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. Orcsweb is great and I highly recommend them. They are expensive but worth every penny.

express ?

With the volume of data on sqlteam, havent you exceeded the 4gb data limit ???

Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-13 : 09:59:38
With an average of 2k text per topic, there can be some 2 million topics before this limit is reached.
And I think this is topic #127523

E 12°55'05.63"
N 56°04'39.26"
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-13 : 16:17:45
Sorry, for the confusion. Custom indexes are just indexes that aren't part of the standard Snitz install. We're not even close to the 4GB limit. As Peso wrote, it will take quite a few more posts to get anywhere near it.

Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today. One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

webfred

8781 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-13 : 17:04:49
quote:
it will take quite a few more posts to get anywhere near it

Then let's go!

No, you're never too old to Yak'n'Roll if you're too young to die.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -