Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: Using Derived Tables to Calculate Aggregate Values

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2001-11-18 : 21:42:35
Calculating aggregate values can be simplified by using derived tables. In this article I show you how to use derived tables to calculate two independent aggregate values in a single SELECT statement.

Article Link.

sqlweenie
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2002-03-22 : 10:31:30
First of all, I love this site -- or else I wouldn't have just signed up. I'm primarily a web developer, but I'm starting to try and focus on the SQL track now, and this site is an invaluable resource for researching some of the many, MANY questions that enter my head these days.

That being said -- excellent article for us n00bs! I've always had a hard time seeing how to blend aggregate and standard reporting data (e.g. company name, location, etc). But you've given both an example and a name, and a very simple yet relevant one at that, and that's exactly what I needed. Again, thank you.

Go to Top of Page

manieverster
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-18 : 04:26:53
I like your article. It explained the use of derived tables very nicely to me. I also just registered on this site and hope I will get much more and also give alot of what I know.

Manie Verster
Developer - SQL and ASP.Net
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -