Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 ssrs 2008 Globals!RenderFormat.Name=EXCEL

Author  Topic 

jassie
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

332 Posts

Posted - 2013-12-04 : 12:45:17
In an existing 2008 r2 report, I have a concern about reports being exported to excel. I have this concern since the result is related to the visibility of tablixes, columns, and rows based upon the export option chosen by the user. When I am exporting the ssrs 2008 r2 from my visual studio 2008 r2 ide in an excel format, the value for
Globals!RenderFormat.Name=EXCEL. However when I export the ssrs 2008 r2 report fronm the test report server in an excel formnat, the value for Globals!RenderFormat.Name=EXCELOPENXML.

Thus I have the following questions which includes the following:
1. Can you tell me why the values between my visual studio ide and the test report server are different?
If so, is there anything I can do to either environmnet to make the values the same? If so, what can I do to make the values the same?
2. I am concerned about deploying the rdl to the production report server. How would I know if the value from Globals!RenderFormat.Name would be either "EXCEL", "EXCELOPENXML", or something you tell me to expect? Is there some option(setting) in ssrs I can set and/or on the report server? If so, what would the option be?
3. If there is no way to tell what would occur on the production report server, should I just deploy the report to production and see what I get? Would I just place a "temporary" textbox on the report server and place the expression =Globals!RenderFormat.Name in that textbox? What do you recommend?

- Advertisement -