Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Disabling Remote access in sql server 2005

Author  Topic 

anoop_mig25
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-03 : 00:25:32
Hi at one of our client their internal aduit has pointed that remote access is enabled and should be disabled.I have disabled it.

Now i Have one doubt .first what it is use for?

Now that i have disabled would server B(or any workstation) would be enabled to connect to server A(assuming that on server A remote access is disabled)

Would application would be enabled to connect to server if application is hosted on another server.

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-03 : 10:38:20
quote:
Originally posted by anoop_mig25

Hi at one of our client their internal aduit has pointed that remote access is enabled and should be disabled.I have disabled it.

Now i Have one doubt .first what it is use for?

Now that i have disabled would server B(or any workstation) would be enabled to connect to server A(assuming that on server A remote access is disabled)

Would application would be enabled to connect to server if application is hosted on another server.

If you disable remote access, you would be able to connect to the database engine only from the machine where you have the database engine installed. So in your example, if database is installed on Server A and application is installed on Server B, your application will not be able to connect to the database engine.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -