Please start any new threads on our new site at We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Register Now and get your question answered!
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Replication (2012)
 SQL Server Merge - Pull replication error
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  06:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a configuration problem to create a Merge/Pull replication between two databases SQLServer 2012.

The machine Publisher is a Windows Server 2008 R2 not in windows domain, this Server is also the Distributor. The machine Subscriber is a Windows 8 not in windows domain.

I have made the following settings: in the Published Server i created the distributor's folder, "repldata" and I also shared it and suser "everyone full control". The path's folder is \servername\repldata

see image:

I created Publisher, see image:

I created Subscriber see image:

I have done some settings in Distributor, Publisher and Subscriber but I don't get results, I always have access error.

see image:

Error messages:
The schema script 'BOOKING_2.sch' could not be propagated to the subscriber. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147201001)

The process could not read file '\\nomemacchina\repldata\unc\nomemacchina$MSSQLSER VER2012_nomereplica\20130930125944\BOOKING_2.sch' due to OS error 5. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL0)

Access Denied.
(Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL5)

Can you tell me where is the problem? I have to do this replication but it looks like to be not possible

Thanks in advance

Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  09:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Replication between servers that are not a part of a domain is not easy. You'll probably have to use SSL / certificates. Have a look at this link (unfortunately I don't have any first hand experience):

- Lumbago
My blog->
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  04:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lumbago
my problem was just in pass-through autentication, so I'm configuring replication web.
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  06:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I yet problems with web synchronization for the Merge Replication. I repeated every step described here: Web Synchronization for Merge Replication

but I have always the same error:

Security Error

....Unable to connect to the URL 'https://web3/SQLReplication/replisapi.dll' during Web synchronization Ensure that the URL <c/> login credentials to the Internet and the proxy server settings are correct and that the Web server is reachable., 00:00:02,0,0,,, 0.....

From subscriber's InternertExplorer I try the url: https://web3/SQLReplication/replisapi.dll?diag and it works.

I also have repeated this step but nothing result.

Can anyone help me?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000