Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Other SQL Server 2008 Topics
 sql server problem

Author  Topic 

moonshine4
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-09-22 : 16:38:40
hi everybody

I need a help in sql server problem please

i faced with the following problems in sql server :

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)

and

unable to connect report server wmi provider invalid namespace

I cannot solve it so i remove sql server and try to setup it again but every time I setup it didn't setup sql server management studio

so I go to registry " regedit" and remove all containing "sql" in its name

and I reinstall sql server again , it's installed successfully
but the old problem is still exist.

i try to disable tcp/ip and via in sql server configuration manager
the sql server service is stopped an when I try to start it
it show the following error:

sql server service the request faild or the service didn't respond in a timely fashion

I need help as soon as you can please

thanks in advance

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-22 : 22:28:14
quote:
Originally posted by moonshine4

hi everybody

I need a help in sql server problem please

i faced with the following problems in sql server :

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)

and

unable to connect report server wmi provider invalid namespace

I cannot solve it so i remove sql server and try to setup it again but every time I setup it didn't setup sql server management studio

so I go to registry " regedit" and remove all containing "sql" in its name

and I reinstall sql server again , it's installed successfully
but the old problem is still exist.

i try to disable tcp/ip and via in sql server configuration manager
the sql server service is stopped an when I try to start it
it show the following error:

sql server service the request faild or the service didn't respond in a timely fashion

I need help as soon as you can please

thanks in advance

See if you can connect to SQL Server from SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) on the same computer where you installed the server. If installed, SSMS should be in the Microsoft SQL Server program group.

If you are able to successfully connect, then follow the steps listed in this article to diagnose the problem and solve it. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_protocols/archive/2006/09/30/sql-server-2005-remote-connectivity-issue-troubleshooting.aspx

If you are unable to connect even from SSMS, see if the service is running under services.msc.
Go to Top of Page

MarcPierre
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-10-23 : 04:13:37
Verify if the instance name is correct and SQL server port is by default 1433. You also need to make sure that the system firewall setting is not blocking the SQL server port.

http://www.cmserversdirect.com/

Marc Pierre
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -