Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Package runs fine on own but not in job scheduler

Author  Topic 

PGallahe
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-10 : 17:56:22
I have an SSIS package which I can run successfully from the Integration Services both directly on the server and from my desktop. It will not run in the job scheduler and here is the message that I get:
Source: Delete Excel File File System Task Description: An error occurred with the following error message: "Access to the path '\\KDGroup\group$\ISS\POA_DailyWeekly\POA_Daily.xls' is denied.". End Error

This is very frustrating as I really need to get this schedule to work. I really do want to be able to go on vacation and not have to worry about this.

Any and all help is appreciated and just an FYI I am pretty new to doing SSIS packages and setting up in the SQL job scheduler.

reidkell
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2013-10-02 : 18:52:27
What account is SQL Server using? That account is what the job is using for authentication and it must have access to the network folder. I'm guessing that it works fine for you because you're running it while logged in as yourself, and you have access to that network share. I use a generic NT user account with a non-expiring password, then have SQL services use that account, and grant it the network privileges it needs.
Go to Top of Page

Hommer
Aged Yak Warrior

808 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-01 : 09:54:11
Hi,
I am going to reuse this thread because I had the same issue on one of my recently developed pkg.

I knew it is the same challenge but had hard time fixing it.

The job history error said Executed as ADDomain\our_service_Account...then, destination: cannot open the datafile "\\server_name\c$\Dir1\dir2\export_file.txt".

On that server box(win server 2003 std), I have added the our_service_Account to the administrators group.

This same service account had been used on other jobs just fine, except this time I am the one grant it to that network path.
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-01 : 13:37:04
quote:
Originally posted by Hommer

Hi,
I am going to reuse this thread because I had the same issue on one of my recently developed pkg.

I knew it is the same challenge but had hard time fixing it.

The job history error said Executed as ADDomain\our_service_Account...then, destination: cannot open the datafile "\\server_name\c$\Dir1\dir2\export_file.txt".

On that server box(win server 2003 std), I have added the our_service_Account to the administrators group.

This same service account had been used on other jobs just fine, except this time I am the one grant it to that network path.

Do you mean to say you gave access to path for this account?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs
Go to Top of Page

Hommer
Aged Yak Warrior

808 Posts

Posted - 2013-11-01 : 13:49:47
yes to the best of my knowledge, which is not much. Usually the network admin guys do that.

I opened the local users and groups then Administrators.
,pasted in domain_name\service_account.

The check names validated.

Then I also checked each level of these drive/folders' properties windows, just to make sure Administrators group is not disable or deny.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -