Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 ASP.NET
 upload to website

Author  Topic 

noblemfd
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-05 : 15:59:34
I want to develop an application using c# and mssql 2012. It will be a website, then it will have desktop part too. Users can check there transactions online via the website. Then posting can be done through the website or the desktop part (off-line). If done via destop aspect, I want to write a small code that will enable me to upload it to the website.

Please help me.

Eagle_f90
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

424 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-11 : 13:15:18
What you would do is need to have the desktop app check for online connectivity, if it has it just save the data off to the DB with what ever method you want (LINQ, ADO.Net, EF, etc.). If there is no net connection then you will need to save the data localy in a fasion of your chosing (flat file, local DB, etc.). Then you could have the app check for net connection either on startup or every x minutes and once found process the local file for saving to the DB.

--
If I get used to envying others...
Those things about my self I pride will slowly fade away.
-Stellvia
Go to Top of Page

noblemfd
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 2013-09-11 : 18:49:43
Please can you show me a sample

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle_f90

What you would do is need to have the desktop app check for online connectivity, if it has it just save the data off to the DB with what ever method you want (LINQ, ADO.Net, EF, etc.). If there is no net connection then you will need to save the data localy in a fasion of your chosing (flat file, local DB, etc.). Then you could have the app check for net connection either on startup or every x minutes and once found process the local file for saving to the DB.

--
If I get used to envying others...
Those things about my self I pride will slowly fade away.
-Stellvia

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -