Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 IP addresse blocked for a specific database in the

Author  Topic 

mmajid
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-07-27 : 15:07:21
Hello,
Please can you help me? I have a big problem with SQL server 2012 installed on the windows server 2012 :
I have three Databases on a named instance 192.168.1.1\BIOUGNACH2012SP1 and some time the end users try to connect to one of the three databases (for example to the first company: Biougnach équipement) but the connection failed, for the two other databases it's work correctly.

So I change just the IP address of the machine(end user) to a new one and when I try again the connection work correctly.
for more information :
- when the machine is blocked I ping on the server address and the ping work correctly.
- I have disable firewall on the windows server 2012.
- The application connected to 3 databases (3 company) in the same server and named instance.
- I use the same connection string in the application, I change just the database Name, I use the same user/password for the three databases.
Please Help me & Many thanks in advance.

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2013-07-29 : 13:09:45
I would add a SQL alias to the client computer, specifying the port that SQL is listening on (would mean you'd have to use a static port).

Oh and we need to see the error message.

Tara Kizer
Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/

Subscribe to my blog
Go to Top of Page

yelouati
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2013-08-24 : 00:54:13
it does not sound like a connection string issue. All 3 databases should respond to the same IP and Port.

Are using a SQL ID or Windows ID to connect. If it is a SQL ID, make sure it is not orphaned. That would do it.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -