Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2008)
 Proxy Account

Author  Topic 

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2013-07-02 : 15:15:34
I'm trying to set up a Proxy Account under SQL Server Agent. I created an account called "test" then tried to add a domain account as a principle. So, I went to Principals, clicked Add and SQL Login under Principal type. A selection list came up and I selected my domain account "ourdomain\myaccount". The dialog accepted my entry, so I saved it (clicked "OK") and the new proxy definition (clicked "OK" again). However, when I opened the proxy definition again and looked at Principals, my domain account was gone!

I assume I'm doing something wrong but it's not clear what that would be. On the one hand, if the Principals dialog didn't like my domain account, I would have expected that I would *not* be able to click "OK" without correcting my error. OTOH, since it appeared to accept my entry and let me click "OK", I would *not* expect that it silently did not save my account under principals.

Any ideas out there?

- Advertisement -