Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2005)
 extend with additional CASE

Author  Topic 

magmo
Aged Yak Warrior

558 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-30 : 09:23:49
Hi

I have this condition in a Query...

SUM(CASE WHEN dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.IsPriceRangeValue = 'true'
THEN dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.PriceSubTotal
ELSE dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.Price * dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.Quantity
END)
AS SubTotal

This is fine but there are 3 other columns that now needs to be added to all this, they are...

dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagEnabled = bit
dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTag = nVarChar(50)
dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagPrice = Decimal(18,2)

I need to add Another condition here, if the dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagEnabled equals to 'true' and the dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTag Is not null and <> '', then both conditions should add the dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagPrice value.
So in the first condition it should be (dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.PriceSubTotal + dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagPrice) And in the other condition it should be ((dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.Price * dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.Quantity) + dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagPrice)

How would I do this?

magmo
Aged Yak Warrior

558 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-30 : 09:59:18
I tried this approach...

SUM(
CASE WHEN dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagEnabled = 'true' AND dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagEnabled.NameTag <> '' THEN

CASE WHEN dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.IsPriceRangeValue = 'true' THEN
dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.PriceSubTotal + dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagEnabled.NameTagPrice
ELSE
(dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.Price * dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.Quantity) + + dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagEnabled.NameTagPrice
END

ELSE

CASE WHEN dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.IsPriceRangeValue = 'true' THEN
dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.PriceSubTotal
ELSE
dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.Price * dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.Quantity
END

END
)
AS SubTotal,

But then I get a bunch of The multi-part identifier "dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagEnabled.NameTag" could not be bound. errors
Go to Top of Page

Lamprey
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4614 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-30 : 12:39:10
Are you familar with 4-part naming? That equates to: ServerName.DatabaseName.DatabaseOwner.TableName

You are using "dbo.tbl_ShoppingCart.NameTagEnabled.NameTag" which is telling SQL that "dbo" is the server name, etc.. If you fix that, then you are work on your logic.
Go to Top of Page

magmo
Aged Yak Warrior

558 Posts

Posted - 2013-05-01 : 01:32:12
My mistake, a typo thats now fixed and it works, thanks for the hint
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -