Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Importing Text file

Author  Topic 

James Niven
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-29 : 12:05:10
Hello,

I am a raw bginner with SQL Server and I am receiving my education from reading and practising.
I am importing a text file with 92000 rows and I am receiving these erros and not too sure what they mean or how to correct!
I am looking for guidance from the brain trusts here, can someone help out!

- Executing (Error)
Error 0xc02020a1: Data Flow Task 1: Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "Column 4" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc020902a: Data Flow Task 1: The "output column "Column 4" (26)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "output column "Column 4" (26)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.

Error 0xc0202092: Data Flow Task 1: An error occurred while processing file "C:\Documents and Settings\James\My Documents\FCC CDBS Public Files\Current Data\Facility.txt" on data row 1387.

Error 0xc0047038: Data Flow Task 1: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "Source - Facility_txt" (1) returned error code 0xC0202092. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

=======================
James Niven
Austin, Texas
=======================

polczym
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-29 : 15:03:42
You can do a couple of things here.
(1) Make sure your destination fields are the same size or larger than your source fields.
(2) Change the Error Output to Ignore (not advised), or Redirect Row (read up on this).

The best thing is to make sure your source and destination match from the size perspective, unless you are performing a convert Task.

Mark W. Polczynski
Go to Top of Page

James Niven
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-29 : 18:53:37
Hello Polczym,

Thanks for the reply and items to check.
I tried something different. The same text file I am importing I setup in an Access database and imported fine into Access. I then imported the same access database file in sql and I was able to import fine, When I try importing the text file direct into sql I receive the errors.
Anything I can try?

=======================
James Niven
Austin, Texas
=======================
Go to Top of Page

James Niven
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-29 : 18:55:12
I should add the my reply, I delete the rows within SQL table and imported into the same table.

=======================
James Niven
Austin, Texas
=======================
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -