Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 Other Topics
 What type of job?

Author  Topic 

Xercister
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-17 : 21:16:36
So I've been a Sr. Database Analyst for the past 7 to 9 years at my current employer but I've only recently, past 3 years, been working with SSMS and actual SQL databases. I've been working with other "hosted" databases the entire time but it isn't anything like a true database analyst per say as I've always used the custom software that came with the database software from the vendor since I am in a very "niche" field.

So I've been teaching myself SQL Querying as I've always been fond of dong databases since my first degree and only recently, past 2 years, have I been working with actual SQL statements and what not. Creating scripts, creating programmable items such as functions and procedures and what not.

So now I am in a situation where I will more than likely need to leave the company due to location issues and I really have no idea what I should be looking for, as far as a job title.

I thought about looking for a DBA title as my job falls under that category, in my current field but I don't believe my roles fit as a DBA since I am working with custom software and not something more common like SQL Server/Oracle/Mysql server.

What should I be looking for? Should I be trying to get some kind of database analyst job since I've been working more and more with SQL statements and T-SQL queries?

- Advertisement -