Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2008)
 Change Tracking in SQL Server 2008

Author  Topic 

anupamk
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-29 : 15:06:14
Hi,

When i Inserted few record in a table where CHange Tracking is enable, has generated all different Version Number for column SYS_CHANGE_VERSION and same for column SYS_CHANGE_CREATION_VERSION(For Insert SQL).

Whereas in another table(In another DB), the 4,000,000 records only 50 distinct SYS_CHANGE_VERSION generated. So it was like a group of records have same version number.

I was under impression that new version will be created each time if there is change is happening(insert,update,delete) in a table.

Please guide..

Anupam

TG
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

6065 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-29 : 15:25:41
I believe Change Tracking is transaction based. Is it possible that other table was "loaded" with a one (or a several) transactions?

I suspect that if you modify say 3 rows in the first table you mentioned those rows all get the same version.

EDIT:
of course for that test you would need to modify all 3 rows in the same statement or the same explicit transaction

Be One with the Optimizer
TG
Go to Top of Page

anupamk
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-31 : 08:47:19
Hi,

For second table where same version is created for group of record:
Records are getting inserted voa a tool. all are separate Insert statement. lets say if 4,000,000 records than 4,000,000 individual insert statement. The data oad mode is Normal.

Thanks,
Anupam
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -