Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2012)
 Publication and Subscription issues over 2 domains

Author  Topic 

Digiza
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-28 : 05:30:22
Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

I am struggling to win with Publications and Subscriptions.

The situation is as follows, A client of ours has a system which requires updates received from an external domain (trusted connection is setup already) and pull data through a configured Publication.

Now when I attempt to setup a pull subscription the problem I am running into is the OS level authentication the location for the snapshots they don’t want anonymous login, which I can understand from a security standpoint.
But I continually have hit a wall when it comes to where I can define a Login details to utilize, both to a unc shared path or a FTP. On the OS level when I define it I receive an error because the account I placed in is trying to verify on the clients domain which won’t work because it is a completely separate domain as I have stated.

The 2 SQL servers are communicating through a trusted connection over the Internet, and the FTP as well as the OS share I can access myself through Windows by entering the required credentials when asked for them so it definitely is not a case of no access at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Digiza
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2013-06-04 : 09:04:23
I Manged to get around this eventually.

What i did was configure a trusted connection between the 2 firewalls.
And then I allowed annonymous connection from the specific IP address only.

This allowed me to grab the files from a FTP site, and process correctly.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -