Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 MS Access
 Using Upsizing Wizard with MS Access 2003

Author  Topic 

sqlslick
Yak Posting Veteran

83 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-12 : 11:51:34
Hello,

I am using the Upsizing Wizard to convert an MS Access 2003 Database to an SQL Server 2005 Database. The current Access DB has a Front-End (FE) and a Back-End (BE). The FE currently has linked tables to the BE. I am not touching the FE, but using the Upsizing Wizard to convert the BE DB to an SQL Server 2005 DB. The goal is to have the FE still write to the BE, which will then update the SQL Server DB as well.

I am exporting a single table at a time until I figure this out. The Upsizing process completes fine. But, when I launch the FE I receive the following error:

Run-time error '3078'

The Microsoft Jef database engine cannot find the input table or query 'maintenance'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

I have several questions:
1. With the FE and SQL Server DB, will we still need BE DB at all?
2. Once the BE is upsized to SQL Server, do we need to relink the FE to SQL Server and forget about the BE all together?
3. I'm not even sure if you can have the FE talk to the BE which would then talk to SQL Server.

Obviously, I am new to this Upsizing Wizard so some guidance would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
John

- Advertisement -