Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2008)
 sql express 2008 r2

Author  Topic 

turbotrav
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2013-02-07 : 17:23:09
New to the forum

Got an sql issue from a odbc connection stand point, setting up the DSN connection

when creating the connection for the client using tcp but having the computer use dynamic connections

Connection failed:
SQLState: 01000
SQL Server Error: 11001
Microsoft ODBC SQL Server driver
Sockets ConnectionOpen
Connection Failed
SQLState: 08001
SQL Server Error 6
Specified SQL Server not found

We are using the "sa" account

Now this is a new accounting software package that I have installed on our server (server 2008 r2 64bit) works great with winxp or win7 64 bit on AD. SQLExpress 2008 r2 is the only sql thing on my server

My customer has a new powerful server (server 2008 r2 64bit) Now that server has SQL 2012 for a different software package that I dont have to support. But it works fine.

Just the SQL Express 2008 r2 doesnt work.

I have google the error to death. Figured some people with more experience would be a good idea.

Thanks,

Travis

I remember DOS....

srimami
Posting Yak Master

160 Posts

Posted - 2013-02-08 : 10:01:00
While connecting to the server, use IP address and port number (1433), it will work.

1. Open SQL Server Configuration Manager, expand SQL Server Network Configuration, expand Protocols for <instance name>, and then double-click TCP/IP
2. In the TCP/IP Properties dialog box, click the IP Addresses tab.
3. nder the IPAll, find the port that the server listened on.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -