Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Import data Problem

Author  Topic 

montecarlo2079
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-16 : 08:28:50
When I import a text file and have it create its own table, the import and table creation work just fine.

When I create a table myself and define the fields, and then try to import the data Im getting all sorts of errors.

Error 0xc02020f4: Data Flow Task 1: The column "State Fiscal Year To Date of Service" cannot be processed because more than one code page (65001 and 1252) are specified for it.
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc02020f4: Data Flow Task 1: The column "Claim Type Code" cannot be processed because more than one code page (65001 and 1252) are specified for it.

Error 0xc02020f4: Data Flow Task 1: The column "Detail Line Number" cannot be processed because more than one code page (65001 and 1252) are specified for it.

Error 0xc004706b: Data Flow Task 1: "Destination - IPDETAILAP" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".

Error 0xc004700c: Data Flow Task 1: One or more component failed validation.

Error 0xc0024107: Data Flow Task 1: There were errors during task validation.

Any IDea what might be wrong?

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-16 : 10:21:08
Do the two tables - the table created by SSIS and the table you manually created - have the same columns with the same data types? I suspect something like varchar in one case and nvarchar in another case. You can script the tables from object explorer and compare. Or, for debugging purposes, import the data twice - first time letting SSIS create a new table, and then a second time, truncate that table and import again into that same table. That surely should succeed, one would think.
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-16 : 22:38:36
FYIO 65001 is windows codepage for UTF-8

what you could do is open your package in BIDS and add a dervied column task in between source and destination in data flow and convert those unicode to non unicode or vice versa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -