Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 help needed

Author  Topic 

jrahman777
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-10 : 20:49:08
hallo everyone, I am a DBA for last 12 yrs. But I am out of work since a yr because of illness. Now I am back and I would like to start working again.But I need to update myself with the SSIS, SSAS,
sql reporting servive etc. Can anybody help me with these? Or know any place that they help people in these areas. I live in brooklyn, please help me if anyone can. Thanks in advance.

jannat rahman

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-10 : 21:16:14
There are paid classes and boot camps - but usually they tend to be expensive if you have to pay out of pocket.

If your learning style is by reading books, you might consider safaribooksonline.com. They have a ton of books - there is a one week free trial and after that it is about $40 per month. (No, I am not being paid by them; and I am not associated with them in any way other than being a subscriber).

Of course, I don't have to tell you that there are a number of blogs, discussion forums, and articles that are very helpful - some of those that I keep running into when I google are simpletalk, sqlservercentral, beyondrelational, sqlteam, stackoverflow.

If you were a DBA and are trying to get back into the field, you probably also want to update your skills in the new features and capabilities of SQL 2012. I would consider that just as or more important than acquiring expertise in SSIS and SSRS.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -