Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 scheduling SSRS reports

Author  Topic 

jassie
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

332 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-03 : 15:28:52
I would like to know all the ways to scheduling standard subscription jobs to run on ssrs 2008 r2. (This would not include a .net application. This may include sql scripts that can be executed.)

Basically I know if you look at 'SQL Server Reporting Services Site Settings', you will when jobs are scheduled to execute and/or when other jobs ran in the past.

However, I would like to know if there is another way jobs can be scheduled and not show up on this web display?

For example when you are on the 'Home Page' for sql server reporting services, and you click on one of the subscriptions scheduled to run and select 'processing options', you can select 'report-specific schedule' or shared schedule? Would you tell me what the difference is between these two options? Why would you 'share a schedule' and how do you setup the connection for 'sharing' the schedule?

Bazalddo
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-24 : 08:33:28
Say for example you had lots of different reports that all needed to be run at say 9am friday morning you would use a shared schedule for this. It saves you having to create a separate schedule for each report. If you had a report which needed to be run at midnight on wednesday, this would most probably be a one off so there would be no point creating a shared schedule, hence you would create a report specific schedule.

As for other ways of scheduling reports I cannot help you.

Shahbaz Ahdi
Apps Developer
ODEON/UCI Cinema
Go to Top of Page

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-24 : 09:27:03
You set up a shared schedule from Report Manager Home -> Site Settings -> Schedule.

Are you having a any kind of a problem?

- Lumbago
My blog-> http://thefirstsql.com/2011/02/07/regular-expressions-advanced-string-matching-and-new-split-function-sql-server-2008-r2/
Go to Top of Page

navya krishna
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-23 : 01:47:23
Dear all,

i have one problem in ssrs.i need to display sales report customer wise [sales and budget and variance and variance percentage] from different databases but in single server.it will be there detailes in multiple databases.i need to display detailes in single report.could you please anyone help me.for example we are maintaining 2010,2011 databases so i need to display customer no,sales,budget,variance,variance percentage in single report ...

year from 2012 year to 2013 date filter 01-01-12..31-12-13

Customer No. Sales -2012 Budget-2012 Variance-2012 Variance %-2012 Sales -2013 Budget-2013 Variance-2013 Variance %-2013

i need details like this in one report using multiple databases.please anyone help me.

navya krishna katta
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -